3 easy steps to buy a gun online
- Select your New or Used firearm online at ganderoutdoors.com.
- Add the firearm to your shopping cart or call 1-888-542-6337 to order.
- Have your firearm shipped to either a Gander RV & Outdoors retail store near you or one of the thousands of FFL dealers in our database.
Use our FFL Dealer Locator found on the shopping cart page to find FFL dealers in your area. If you already have a preferred local dealer, but don't see them listed, call our Firearms Specialists at 1-888-542-6337 to have the dealer added.
Additional restrictions & information
- When purchasing firearms online at Gander RV & Outdoors, it is the customer's responsibility to follow all Federal, State, & Local Laws concerning the sale and ownership of all firearms. You may inquire via Email to our firearms representatives to have your questions answered or call 1-888-542-6337 and press option 3 for firearms. All firearms MUST be picked up by the PURCHASER with valid photo identification at your local Gander RV & Outdoors store or at an FFL dealer in the area.
- At pickup, you will be required to complete the government paperwork and background check needed to satisfy all federal, state, and local laws concerning the transfer of firearms with Gander RV & Outdoors or your local FFL dealer.
- Your local jurisdiction may impose an additional background check fee or firearm tax that you will need to pay at the time of pickup.
- If you choose to pick up your firearm from an Independent Firearms Dealer, you will likely be charged an FFL transfer fee. This fee is typically around $25 but may vary.
- It is very important to inspect your firearm before accepting the transfer. Firearms cannot be returned once they leave a Gander RV & Outdoors store or an FFL dealer. If you refuse the firearm for any reason other than damage or a shipping error, such as failing a background check or changing your mind, your shipping charge will be forfeited.
Frequently asked questions
- Can a gun be sent to my house?
No, all firearms must be sent to a Gander RV & Outdoors retail store near you or one of the thousands of FFL dealers in our database.
- Do I need to have a background check?
Yes, all firearms purchases require a federally mandated background check to be completed by either the Gander RV & Outdoors retail store or FFL dealer at the time that the firearm is picked up.
- Can I have the background check done before buying a gun?
No, the background check must be completed at the time the firearm is transferred from the Gander RV & Outdoors retail store or FFL deal dealer to you.
- Do I need to have a license?
Firearm transfer and use is subject to state and government regulation. It is your ultimate responsibility to ensure you are in compliance with all regulations that apply to the purchase of firearms and ammunition.
- Do I need to have a concealed carry permit?
No, you do not need a carry permit to buy a gun online.